We’re Retail Week.
Retail Week is the leading authority on retailing in the UK, providing industry news, insightful analysis, comment and key data. We cover the entire UK retail sector, including, food, fashion, home and DIY, entertainment and general merchandise as well as e-tail, multi-channel, store interiors, finance, technology and property.
About the role
We're looking for a Business Development Director to join our team in London.
Retail Week Prospect is a premium digital intelligence tool, which delivers insight on the Top 180 retailers in the UK. It enables technology companies, IT vendors, consultants and other clients that wish to work with the retail sector to create relevant opportunities and convert them faster by having the right conversation at the right time with the right person in UK retailers.
As part of our Sales team, your key responsibilities will include:
- To deliver / exceed monthly, quarterly and annual target revenues
- Manage the sales cycle effectively – sourcing leads, developing new opportunities, achieving activity KPI’s, managing pipeline, closing the deal
- Utilising Salesforce and LinkedIn to identify, follow up leads and set up meetings
- Prepare sales plans and present plan to senior management team
- To make the agreed number of visits and ensure regular contact with key clients in order to grow revenue and market share
- Networking with industry professionals & stakeholders
- Become a retail expert. Have the knowledge and understanding of the key challenges retailers are facing to be able to provide effective marketing solutions to clients.
- Develop a genuine knowledge of your client’s business and become a trusted advisor
- 3-5 years’ experience selling a business intelligence or SaaS product is desirable
- A proven track record in sales, business development and winning new business with a consultative solution
- Ability to work on own initiative, resourceful and tenacious
- Fantastic relationship builder; both with clients and stakeholders
- Brilliant story-teller; providing clients with creative, intelligent solutions
What we offer
We offer our employees a great package of perks, including:
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Bonus, Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
More information provided on:
Retail Week is a part of the Ascential group.
Each of our products and brands has its own unique heritage and voice, but all align to one common goal: to enable an eco-system that better informs and connects the business world.
Here at Ascential, we have a deep knowledge of our customers, their businesses and industries. Our aim is for our products – increasingly offered both face to face and online - to offer content and connections that professionals rely on for growth and value creation.
Operating from 14 offices around the world, Ascential serves customers in more than 150 countries, providing local and global knowledge, connections and access.
Check out our incredible portfolio:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?