We're looking for a New Business Development Associate to join our team in London. A key member of our EMEA sales team, this individual will have the opportunity to work with lead strategic prospects with VP and C-levels at global, leading CPG’s while playing a strategic role in PlanetRetail RNG’s evolution. As part of our Sales team, your key responsibilities will include:
- Drive the visibility of PlanetRetail RNG within our Core Customer Segments: Food & Beverage, Household, Personal (Health & Beauty, OTC), and “Sinners” (Alcohol and Tobacco)
- Generate qualified sales leads/meetings for the wider sales team
- Through research (online and by phone with leads) develop a solid understanding of customer’s goals and objectives—at the company and individual contact level
- Develop strategies for demonstrating to customer that PRNG has the services and “know how” to address their needs
- Develop, execute and manage an Account based marketing approach to Top Tier organizations and contacts, including:
- Maintain a regular schedule of targeted communication (emails, social, phone calls) to prospective client that aligns client need to our thought leadership
- First point of contact for any MQL that is assigned to EMEA
In partnership with the VP of Sales, the Business Development Associate owns the strategy to generating qualified new business leads that help PRNG achieve their objective of 50 new clients in 2018. Working with both the existing client development and the senior business development team.
Planet Retail is an independent research and advisory firm trusted by the leading global retailers and 45,000 CPG, technology and retail professionals worldwide. Through a combination of research and data, bespoke advisory and executive education we provide leaders with the expertise, network and confidence to shape the future of retail.
- Demonstrated sales success in a business development role
- Previous CPG experience is desirable
- A hunter who thrives in a fast paced environment
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for success
- Strong communication and skills
- Experience in a consultative sales environment is a bonus
What we offer
We offer our employees a great package of perks, including:
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Bonus, Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
More information provided on:
Planet Retail is a part of the Ascential group.
Each of our products and brands has its own unique heritage and voice, but all align to one common goal: to enable an eco-system that better informs and connects the business world.
Here at Ascential, we have a deep knowledge of our customers, their businesses and industries. Our aim is for our products – increasingly offered both face to face and online - to offer content and connections that professionals rely on for growth and value creation.
Operating from 14 offices around the world, Ascential serves customers in more than 150 countries, providing local and global knowledge, connections and access.
Check out our incredible portfolio:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?