About the role
We're looking for a Senior Editor, Marketing and Retail to join our team in Hong Kong or Shanghai. As part of our Insight Content, your key responsibilities will include:
- Generating report ideas. Researching, creating and delivering consumer, marketing and retail reports in written and video format to a prescribed schedule and deadline.
- Forecasting the impact of social, technological, economic, environmental and cultural change within China on consumer lifestyles and attitudes.
- Defining the actions needed to capitalise on those changes and directing clients on how to evolve their propositions to stay relevant to customers in a fast-changing market.
- Producing presentations of your research and delivering it internally and externally.
- Collaborating with the global WGSN Insight content team and specifically delivering tailored reports to the Director of Consumer Insight, and Senior Editors of Retail & Digital Marketing.
- Working with WGSN’s consultancy business Mindset, when required, to deliver bespoke consumer insight to clients.
- Acting as an ambassador for WGSN in China and Asia Pacific by speaking at global conferences and seminars.
- Working with the WGSN commercial teams to support client relationships by sharing and presenting our thinking.
- You will be fluent in Mandarin as well as written and spoken English.
- Have a proven career path within content creation working in B2B reporting for a consumer, marketing or retail focused intelligence business, or have worked in a full-time position as an analyst or researcher in a retail consultancy or advertising agency, working in relevant fields of research and delivery.
- You will have a minimum of three years of full-time employment in one of the above.
- Possess excellent writing, editing, communication and presentation skills with the ability to deliver new ideas in quick, simple and concise language that business leaders can understand
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- Annual leave
- Private medical insurance
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
We offer insights and inspiration from around the globe. We help our customers stay ahead and informed through trend forecasting and data science. We believe inspiration comes from the monumental and the mundane.
If you’re passionate about fashion and lifestyle this is a great place to be, giving you the opportunity to work with the world's most creative trend experts, designers, editors, account managers, marketers, product developers, customer service experts and much more in a meritocratic, high performance company.
WGSN is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?